Your Source for All the Goings-On at the Best Apartments Bel Air, Maryland, Offers
June 30, 2017
Celebrate the 4th of July in Bel Air
This year, the 4th of July in Bel Air will have a number of fun activities for residents of all ages. If you're making your Independence Day plans, here are a few great options.
- 6:45 a.m. – Flag-Raising Ceremony, featuring Disabled American Veterans, Chapter 30; American Legion Post #39; Robert Hudson, Bugler; Pamela Rinehart, Soprano soloist, accompanied by Natalie Brosh, Miss Bel Air 2017 in front of Bel Air High School. The National Anthem will then be presented by Ms. Rinehart and Miss Bel Air.
- 7 -11 a.m. – Blueberry/Chocolate Pancake and Sausage Breakfast at Bel Air High School. $8 for adults, $5 for kids 10 and under.
- 8:30 a.m. – Horseshoe pitching at Rockfield Park
- 9 a.m. – 12 p.m. – Family contests and competitions. Water balloon contests, costume contest, Uncle Sam Says, watermelon eating contest. These are generally in "Age Divisions," depending on attendance. Ribbons and trophies are awarded to winners and all participants.
- 11 a.m. – Bicycle Registration & Rodeo at Bel Air Elementary School. Trophies for Best Decorated Bike (boys AND girls); awards for ages 5 and under; 6-8; 9-10; 11-13.
- 4:30 p.m. – 6 p.m. – Parade unit staging at the intersection of South Main Street and MacPhail Road.
- 6 p.m. – Bel Air Fourth of July Parade, starting at the intersection of Idlewild and South Main.
- 9:30 p.m. – Fireworks display at Rockfield Park